The vaccine is indicated for active immunization against infection caused by HAV in persons over age of 18 months. It can be used for primary immunization. Hepatitis A vaccine is recommended for pre-exposure prophylaxis of individuals at increased risk of infection and post-exposure prophylaxis. Thus the vaccine is indicated in the following conditions:
1. Residents of communities with high endemic rates or recurrent outbreaks of Hepatitis A;
2. Travellers to countries where Hepatitis A is endemic, especially when the travel involves rural or primitive conditions;
3. Members of the armed forces, emergency relief workers and others likely to be posted abroad at short notice to areas with high rates of HAV infection;
4. Residents and staff of institutions where there is an ongoing problem with HAV transmission;
5. Inmates of correctional facilities in which there is an ongoing problem with HAV infection;
6. People with life style determined risks of infection, including those engaging in oral or intravenous illicit drug use in unsanitary conditions;
7. People with chronic liver disease who may be at increased risk of fulminant hepatits A;
8. Zoo-keepers, veterinarians and researchers who handle non-human primates;
For prophylaxis against Varicella in individuals aged 1 year or older.
The vaccination is recommended in the subject who has no history of Varicella and meets the below criteria:
1.High risk patients predisposed to varicella infection.
2.In acute lymphatic leukemia patients who meet all 4 below criteria:
2.1 Who are in remission from leukemia for at least 1 year.
2.2 Who have no detectable antibodies to Varicella zoster virus by FAMA.
2.3 Who have a positive response to mitogens in vitro.
2.4 Who have more than 700/mm3 lymphocytes.
3. Subjects who have closely come in touch with the unvaccinated high risk patients (e.g. patients, siblings or medical and paramedical attendants of the high risk patients).
4.Susceptible subjects in closed community (e.g. hospital ward or dormitory) such as healthcare workers.
5.Women who want to be prevented during pregnancy and the vaccination shall be done before pregnancy.
เลขทะเบียน 1C 8/53 (NB)
ฆศ. 1319/ 2563